We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that minimises our impact on the environment. We will strive to continuously reduce our energy usage and improve our energy efficiency. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, and we will use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. We will ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our staff and for our customers.
- Continuously measure and monitor the energy efficiency and PUE (Power Usage Efficiency) of our colocation data centre,
- Continuously improve the energy efficiency and PUE (Power Usage Efficiency) of our colocation data centre,
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness among our customers and employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner in our colocation data centre,
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- inform our customers about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our colocation data centre including electricity, water, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
City Lifeline will strive to make Lifeline House one of the most energy efficient, safe and healthy colocation data centres in London.